With our Real-Time Treasury approach to real-time data connectivity
The data world is shifting: instead of analyzing data and drawing conclusions from a series of past events, systems are now working in real-time to provide insights into what is happening in business today. Data analysis has always been utilizable, nevertheless, access to real-time data is becoming more relevant for many businesses. By using the right technology, companies can benefit from access to real-time data at all times, increasing efficiency and saving time.
Real-time data connection based on Open Banking and API
Our technical solution for implementing an overview of real-time liquidity is based on Open Banking and API connection. SAP requests the bank data from the corresponding middleware, which in turn queries the data from the bank. Due to Open Banking structures within the PSD2 regulation, the bank has to provide the account data and thus enables real-time access to the account transactions. Integrate into a real-time treasury dashboard, the real-time information can be transferred from the SAP system to the SAP Analytics Cloud via CDS views and visualized there in a user-friendly and clear manner. The following figure outlines the schematic process.
Successful implementation of the real-time connection depends on the various project parties. The industry partners focus on adapting the bank account management and ensuring the alliance to the middleware. The middleware providers make the relevant API available. On the bank level, the provision of the applicable APIs, multi-currency accounts, and the realization of the real-time interest calculation take place.
Competitive advantages through the use of a real-time connection
Increased networking and automation can provide companies with essential competitive advantages in many fields, especially in decision-making strategies:
- Increased Liquidity: Companies can dispose of free funds earlier, plan precise outgoing payments, and reduce liquidity management
- Cost Reduction: Real-Time Treasury reduces costs via a higher degree of automation and the reduction of manual work
- Quality Reporting: Instant payments and invoices enable more rapid cash flow forecasting and better transparency
- Predictive Analytics: Predictive analytics enables better-informed statements to be made regarding future developments based on current data
- Exposure Minimization: Real-time overview of current exposure enables a significant reduction of reaction times
- Increased Revenues: The freed-up funds enable more investments and lead to higher interest and investment income
- Volatility Minimization: FX management dynamically identifies risk and minimizes exposure and intraday volatility
In light of these developments, treasurers need to revise and redefine the way of their work to keep pace with the "real-time" world.
Transforming outdated and inefficient treasury operations into real-time management holds tremendous potential and offers treasurers the opportunity to step back from repetitive tasks and perform the risk and liquidity operations more strategically.
In addition, better investment returns and improved credit & FX risk management can be achieved, while increasing the transparency and efficiency of visibility and planning in liquidity at the same time.